We have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Memphis. Whether it’s through our own business practices or providing energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits all year long.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 features the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on your climate. The styles below give our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Call your Memphis Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass options or our recommendations for the Memphis region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass provides more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between the glass panes to offer increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Memphis Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.