Winter weather is just around the corner in Memphis and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Memphis winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella of Memphis professionals a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Memphis.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Memphis a call at 901-401-9399 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.