Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a great way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your household. What function do you want this space to serve? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for many years.
- Forget stick with the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 901-401-9399, visit our Memphis showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.