Fall is just around the corner in Memphis, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a strong impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Memphis a call at 901-401-9399 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!